The Mediation Process
- Before you seek our assistance, you must always approach the MTA member about the problem or issue you have, and give them the opportunity to rectify the problem. The Law requires you do this first.
- If you have not been able to resolve matters with the member, contact the MTA Mediation Centre, either by phone (0508 682 633), or via our web-based mediation form.
- Our MTA Mediation Centre will ask you to provide a clear outline of your situation.
- Once we have a clear understanding of your situation, we will contact the respective member and discuss matters with them.
- Our Mediation Centre will encourage the member to resolve matters. This includes compliance with any relevant MTA operating standards and other legal obligations. Our staff will keep you informed of progress and seek your consideration of any offers or actions proposed by the member.
- Please recognise the Mediation Centre is unable to demand action on either party’s behalf. They can only advise the member, encourage them to recognise any failings or errors they have made, and encourage them to seek resolution.
- If resolution can’t be reached, you will still have rights to pursue legal redress.