MTA Sail Away 2013
MTA Sail Away is an MTA event organised in conjunction with Harvey World Travel Wellington (HWTW)
MTA is delighted to announce that our ‘MTA Sail Away’ event, our cruise on the Pacific Dawn, departing 24 August 2013 from Brisbane, is going ahead. We have around 80 passengers so far and there’s still room for you and your kids to jump aboard if you’d like to join us! Our (MTA Sail Away) programme is subject to change but we anticipate your time on board the Pacific Dawn looking like this:
Day 1 – Depart Brisbane at approximately 2pm – potential Welcome Function for MTA passengers
Day 2 – At Sea – business sessions for MTA passengers TBC*
Day 3 – Noumea, New Caledonia
Day 4 – Lifou, Loyalty Islands
Day 5 – Vila, Vanuatu
Day 6 – At Sea – potential group dinner for MTA passengers
Day 7 – At Sea
Day 8 – Arrive Brisbane approximately 8am
*Please note that the business sessions’ topics are to be confirmed – we are hoping that some of our sponsors will be able to provide expertise along with a senior MTA staff member. There will be at least two evening networking functions with one of these as a relaxed dinner for MTA passengers.
COSTS FOR ‘MTA SAIL AWAY’
The costs below are an approximate per person twin share rate and include all of the following. These bookings must be made through Harvey World Travel Wellington (contact details are further down this web page).
- Return airfares on Air NZ (works fare which includes meals, drinks and movies) from Christchurch, Wellington or Auckland.
- Airport taxes approximately $265 pp (each airport varies quite a bit, Wellington is the most expensive in New Zealand at $100 more than Christchurch.
- Eight days QBE travel insurance.
- Seven nights onboard the Pacific Dawn in one of the following categories, ****Cruise includes – all accommodation, all meals and all onboard entertainment.
- Port and government taxes on the cruise of $198 pp.
PLEASE NOTE THAT although there are still cabins available, flights to Brisbane are starting to fill up.
EX CHRISTCHURCH COST:
- Inside Cabin – Category K, $2615 per person
- Outside Cabin – Category D, $2800 per person
- Balcony Cabin – Category BC, $3255 per person
EX WELLINGTON COST:
- Inside Cabin – Category K, $2715 per person
- Outside Cabin – Category D, $2900 per person
- Balcony Cabin – Category BC, $3355 per person
EX AUCKLAND COST:
- Inside Cabin – Category K, $2679 per person
- Outside Cabin – Category D, $2865 per person
- Balcony Cabin – Category BC, $3320 per person
All bookings must go through Bruce Blacklock at Harvey World Travel Wellington (please contact him on 0508 2DREAM).
A deposit of $500 is due per person for the cruise portion of the event and you will also be required to pay a deposit for your return airfares to Brisbane at the same time:
$629 pp ex Christchurch
$726 pp ex Wellington
$694 pp ex Auckland
Final payment is due to HWTW by 1 June 2013 – please note that it is possible to ‘drip feed’ payments between these two dates so after the initial deposit (of $500 cruise plus return airfares) you can pay as much or as little as you like, provided you are paid in full by 1 June 2013.
There is a significant saving available to members who book prior to 28 February.
To confirm your berth (cabin) HWTW will also require:
• your full names as they appear in your passport and
• your date of birth. And, they will be in touch with you about this.
As this MTA event is an exclusive group booking, we have one preferred travel provider which is Harvey World Travel Wellington. If you have booked this cruise using another provider and you wish to participate in the MTA programme, you must contact Anna McGeorge in advance of the cruise.
Some of you are attending on your own which is great. However, staying in a cabin on your own is not the same as staying in a hotel room on your own; there is a single supplement that needs to be paid which is not insignificant. Those of you who are in this category may like to save costs and ‘bunk in’ (excuse the pun) together.
Inside Cabins are an additional: $775 per sole occupant
Outside cabins are an additional: $890 per sole occupant
Balcony cabins are an additional: $1,945 per sole occupant
For an inside cabin, a child 11 and under is $358, for a 12 to 16 year old it’s $448.
For an outside cabin, a child 11 and under is $480 and for a 12 to 16 year old it’s $560.
There must be a minimum of 2 adults in the cabin to get these rates.
NEXT STEPS/HOW TO BOOK
Anna McGeorge will work on the event from a content perspective but will also work closely with Bruce Blacklock from Harvey World Travel Wellington.
Bruce can be contacted on the MTA free phone number: 0508 2DREAM / 0508 237326.
Anna can be contacted on 0800 00 11 44.
Please direct all travel and financial enquiries to Bruce and any general questions about the event to Anna.