(23 October 2019). The latest Census figures from Stats NZ show that over 1.5 million people drive to work or school. It’s the first time this data has been collected and with so many people relying on a car for daily travel, MTA urges drivers to make sure their vehicles are properly maintained.
(17 July 2019). The Motor Trade Association is welcoming the release of the Government’s new draft road safety strategy. MTA Chief Executive Craig Pomare says the association is pleased to see vehicle safety has been made a priority in the Road to Zero consultation document.
Older press releases
- Dargaville Diesel Report
- Drivers urged not to try and cut travel costs by using cheaper lower octane fuel
- MTA says service stations not ‘fleecing’
- More Government Funding To Prevent Aggravated Robberies
- Govt Urged to Include Vehicle Safety in Road Toll Talks
- Mother of four wins MTA Scholarship
- Got a Trade Got it Made
- Rare cars start arriving in wellington for MTA100
- MTA supports Minister on water damaged vehicles