MTA Customer Promise
MTA members looking after MTA customers
Since 1917, MTA has built a credible profile and has a long-established reputation for excellence. MTA members are known as professional, reliable and trustworthy.
MTA members have to meet strict criteria and are bound by a Code of Ethics and a Customer Promise. If you are looking to fix, fuel, or purchase a vehicle, simply look for the MTA sign or search online to find a member near you.
Code of Ethics
MTA members are bound by a strict Code of Ethics.
MTA requires that each member will:
- Provide customers with high quality and honest service.
- Work with integrity and adhere to MTA rules, by-laws and policies.
- Ensure all business activities comply with relevant environmental laws and regulations.
- Be a good employer; comply with employment laws, provide training and a safe working environment.
- Ensure all advertising is accurate and not misleading.
- Ensure all business dealings meet industry best practice.
- Always work to positively promote the interests of the MTA brand.
- Maintain accurate and proper financial and legal records and carry out all business transactions in a professional manner.
- Price goods and services fairly and avoid deceptive pricing – adhere to relevant consumer laws.
- Respond to all customer enquiries and seek to resolve any complaints.
Our promise to you
In the event of a disagreement, customers can use MTA's Mediation Service to help resolve the issue.
The service is intended to address customer grievances with MTA members quickly, effectively and fairly. Learn more here >>