MTA Gift Terms and Conditions
MTA GIFT VOUCHERS
- MTA Gift Vouchers are sold individually in $10, $20, $50 and $100 denominations. Please note that our $100 vouchers are temorarily unavailable at the moment.
- They also come in books of 10 vouchers.
- If you order any one denomination in multiples of 10, your vouchers will arrive as books. For example, if you order 12 x $10 MTA Gift Vouchers ($120), you will receive one book of $10 Vouchers ($100) and two single $10 Vouchers ($20).
- You can purchase up to $1,500 worth of MTA Gift Vouchers online. If you would like to order more than this amount, please email the MTA Gift Team or phone 0800 001 144.
MTA GIFT CARDS
- MTA Gift Cards can be loaded with a value between $20 and $500.
- You can purchase up to $4,000 worth of MTA Gift Cards online. If you would like to order more than this amount, please email the MTA Gift Team or phone 0800 001 144
2. USING YOUR MTA GIFT PRODUCTS
MTA GIFT VOUCHERS
- With MTA Gift Vouchers, you can buy almost any product or service offered by any one of almost over 3,800 MTA members nationwide (excl. VTNZ branches - they accept Gift Card only).
- From chocolates to seat covers or from milk to magazines, and of course petrol and vehicle servicing, there’s something for everyone to buy with their MTA Gift Vouchers. You can even buy a car with them!
- Each MTA member has their own policy in place for giving change on products or services purchased with MTA Gift Vouchers. If you do not wish to spend the full value of the voucher please check with one of the staff prior to purchase, to clarify their policy on giving change. For example, if you have a Gift Voucher to the value of $100 and spend $75, you may receive $25 change as cash, voucher or a branded Gift Card.
- MTA Gift Vouchers are issued to be used to buy goods and services at a later date. Neither the MTA nor any MTA member will exchange for cash or issue a refund on a voucher after they are purchased.
MTA GIFT CARDS
- Once activated, MTA Gift Cards can be redeemed for purchases at participating MTA members. You can find participating MTA members here >>
- An MTA Gift Card and purchases made with it are subject to the terms of trade as set by MTA operators, which may change from time to time.
- MTA Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash and cannot be credited to an account. No change will be given with an MTA Gift Card purchase and any balance that remains on the card can only be used in whole or in part against future purchases at participating MTA members. The balance on your MTA Gift Card cannot be transferred between cards.
- Once loaded a Gift Card cannot have an additional value added to the balance. MTA Gift Cards expire 12 months from the date of activation. Any unredeemed balance after expiry will not be redeemed or refunded.
- If you require further information or assistance, please email or phone 0800 001 144.
- Gift Vouchers are typically despatched to the delivery address provided the next business day after we’ve received the order (subject to verification of your order and workloads).
- MTA uses NZ Couriers to deliver all MTA Gift Products. NZ Couriers deliver on business days (Monday to Friday excluding public holidays).
- As the MTA Gift Cards and Vouchers are cash products, all orders require a signature upon delivery and therefore a physical address (not PO Box) must be supplied. However, please be aware that if you have set up an “authority to leave” agreement with New Zealand Couriers, your order will be left at your agreed drop-off point without a signature being obtained. In these circumstances MTA accepts no liability if the order is not received or goes missing after drop-off. This is a matter between the purchaser and New Zealand Couriers.
- Urban orders outside of Auckland made by 3.30pm, will be delivered in the next one to three business days. Due to high demand in Auckland, urban delivery orders made by 3.30pm should take two to three business days. Rural orders may take up to four days.
4. LOST OR NON-DELIVERY OF MTA GIFT PRODUCTS
- All MTA Gift products are dispatched in NZ Couriers “Track and Trace” packages.
- If you have not received your order within five business days please email the MTA Gift Team or phone 0800 001 144. Make sure you have the order reference number on your confirmation email ready so that we can trace the package.
- Once you have received your gift products, if you lose them this is your responsibility. All MTA Gift Vouchers should be treated like cash and will not be replaced.
- Risk of loss or theft, and title for gift cards passes to the purchaser when you receive your order.
5. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
- We are happy to process orders from outside New Zealand, but please note that vouchers and cards can only be used in New Zealand and delivered to a New Zealand address.
- If you would like to place an order from outside New Zealand this can be done on our website using a credit card or through emailing the MTA Gift Team.
- Handling and administration fees for international orders will vary from the published New Zealand rates.
Need more information?
If you require further information or assistance, please email [email protected] or phone 0800 001 144.